Whether you are a college student or a stay at home mom or spouse; if you are talented in something, it’s fair that you are looking for ways to earn a little money out of your talents. Whether your talent lies in writing, photography, crafts or jewelry making, there’s always a market for it online; regardless to what part of the world you call home. But selling jewelry online, and getting good sales is not always the same. Here are a few of our expert tips on how to get better sales for your handmade jewelry.
• Wear your merchandise. When people know you have a certain talent, or know you sell handmade jewelry, they always expect you to have a “sample” on you. Wearing it is much easier than carrying it around you; and it is also a subtler way of advertising it without being obvious.
• Word-of-mouth promotions are important; especially when it comes to handmade jewelry. Carry a few business card printing London with you; always. Make sure to have your website’s address in it. Initially, use a business card printing service that allows you to get a minimum amount printed out. This makes it more economical for you.
• Be consistent in your quality. We’re sure you’ve already heard that this is a great way to get better sales. But apart from your existing customers, being consistent in your quality and gaining your customers’ trust and satisfaction also paves the way for them bringing in more potential customers. This again is a good example for why word-of mouth should not be disregarded.
• Make sure to have a good presentation. Regardless to whether it’s the packaging, box or the label/card, make sure that it is attractive and also informative. Opt for custom label printing to make your labels more attractive and unique.
• Have a social media account (or several) for your jewelry. Without a doubt, social media is quite powerful now-a-days. Most home sellers prefer to use social media platforms to sell their products, rather than investing on their own website. But even if you already own a website for the purpose of selling your jewelry, you can use social media accounts to promote your products, as well as getting to know your customers. Feedback from customers is an additional benefit of this.
• Invest in good photography. This is regardless to whether you sell your handmade jewelry online or through a physical shop. A few good pictures can attract more customers to your site; especially if you upload them to your shop’s social media platform. Use a professional, or take a few lessons on correctly photographing jewelry; trust us, this is worth your time…